HCGE for 3DS

HCGE for 3DS

Postby piratesephiroth » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:43 am

You only provide a 3DSX file, which is only useful for those using the Homebrew Launcher.
Can you include a CIA version? Or at least the original ELF file so we can create a CIA ourselves?
piratesephiroth

Re: HCGE for 3DS

Postby Stealth » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:35 am

It's mid-update right now, so I'll have to take care of that on the next release. I'm not aware of a way to determine the filename or anything else uniquely identifiable for any particular instance of an individual program using that method, though, so it would probably be limited to using the launcher to run any game from the HCGE folder instead of allowing standalone packaging
Stealth
Site Admin

Postby piratesephiroth » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:26 am

Yeah, I guess you have no way of identifying elf files (can you do it with 3dsx files?)

3DS executables (CXI archives) have unique ids so standalone packaging, either in CCI (3DS rom format) or CIA (importable archive) is possible. There should be some way to control the id distribution though, so it doesn't get any ID useable by a commercial game, because the 3DS uses that for identifying installed applications and also for caching home menu icons for cartridge based games.
piratesephiroth

Postby piratesephiroth » Tue May 26, 2015 2:32 pm

A free CFW for the 3DS is available (and being improved) right now and we're still waiting for a proper HCGE installer in CIA format..

(no one likes that stupid 3dsx homebrew format, it will never catch on)
piratesephiroth

Return to Headcannon Game Engine Help